Saturday, April 7, 2007

Have I found some del.icio.us limits?

Limits, limits, limits: have I found one?

Has anyone had trouble with a character limit in the "Notes" field of del.icio.us? For someone who loves to cut & paste large chunks of text for later, I just realized I had lost lots of chunks!

I am prepraing a conference presentation and thought, since it's on social software, I would use some of our great tools. No dice for long notes, it seems... Does this mean I should bookmark in del.icio.us, compose in google.docs, ponder & gleen from the communal wisdom here, and then cut them all out to paste in a Word file? Argh-- I sure hope not.

2 comments:

Iris said...

I've been hampered by the character limit in del.icio.us. I've never tried to use it like you're using it though, so I've tried to train myself to think of it as a challenge, sort of like haiku. :)

Anne Welsh said...

Hi Tiah

Logged on to finish my presentation for Cilip London Branch tomorrow evening and am really pleased to see you up and blogging - will be sure to mention this page as one of my links in my talk!

With regard to notes in del.icio.us, its limits in its notes fields is one of the reasons I don't use it. I prefer Connotea - http://www.connotea.org which also has the advantage of storing full bibliographic references in standard formet, so we use it for some of our reading list type references too.

Best

Anne

PS Latest issue of C&I still at printers. Will forward to you as soon as I have it!